INNERSPEC TECHNOLOGIES EUROPE
Hybrid EMAT-Vision solution for OPTImisation of advanced manufacturing process of automotive tailor welded BLANKS (OPTIBLANKS)
Innerspec Technologies is the global leader of EMAT (Electro Magnetic Acoustic Transducers) technology, providing Non-Destructive Testing solutions that require high-power ultrasonic instrumentation, non-contact techniques, or customized integrations. Innerspec Technologies Europe was founded in 2007 in Spain.
Relevant Products & Services of Innerspec:
- Integrated Systems: Industrial inspection systems that use EMAT and multi-technique solutions for weld, volumetric and surface and near-surface inspections as well as measurements of thickness, distances and material properties.
- High-Power Ultrasonic Instrumentation Portable & Semi-Portable: Instrumentation under the temate® PowerBox brand. EMAT & Dry-Coupled Piezoelectric systems available with up to 20kW of power per channel.
- EMAT and Specialty Sensors & Accessories: Innerspec manufactures the largest selection of standard and custom EMAT & Dry-Coupled piezoelectric products.
- In-Service Inspections: Innerspec manufactures flaw detection and corrosion measurement systems used by inspection companies worldwide.
- Research & Development: As the world leader in High-Performance NDT Solutions, Innerspec is committed to developing the latest in EMAT, guided waves, high-power ultrasound and other advanced NDT techniques.
OptiBlanks Project overcome the limitations of automotive TWB manufacturing process by maximising weld quality control with a novel Hybrid technology approach. The outcome of this project will help improving the results of current state of the art alternatives while saving TWB manufacturers accross Europe more than 9.000 Tons of wasted materials per year.
The verified design of a Hybrid inspection system will enable 100% inspection of autogenously laser welded parts to identify defects such as porosity, lack of root penetration, lack of side wall fusion, etc.
Innerspec is working in order to ensure that automotive manufacturers worldwide and car passengers benefit from the enhanced TWB weld safety offered by this technology.